10 tips for a great domain name (Address for your website)
1. Make it easy to type -
Don't use strange or uncommon words or hard to remember
2. Keep it short -
But don't use abbreviations
3. Use keywords.
Use keywords that describe your business or services
4. Target your area.
Include your city or state in your domain name for local customers
You can also use a geographic name extension such as .nyc or .london or even coloradosprings.club
5. Avoid numbers, hyphens or other non letters
6. Be unique and easy to remember
7. Research it.
Make sure it isn't copyrighted, trademarked, or used already
8. Use an appropriate domain name extension.
Extensions are suffixes, such as .com or .net, at the end of web addresses. These can have specific uses, so make sure to choose one that works for you. The .com domain extension is the most popular, but it can be hard to find a good one that isn't already used.
Domains like .photography, ,education and .guru etc— offer a opportunity to register short and highly relevant names. Here are some other popular extensions and how they’re used:
- .co : an abbreviation for company, commerce, and community.
- .info : informational sites.
- .net : technical, Internet infrastructure sites.
- .org : non-commercial organizations and nonprofits.
- .biz : business or commercial use, like e-commerce sites.
- .me : blogs, resumes or personal sites.
9. Protect and build your brand.
Buy various names and extensions and multiple years. This prevents competitors from registering other versions.
10. Act fast.
Good names sell out fast!
Ready to find out more?
You can find a domain name for as little as $8.99 USD on my website below ;
Avahosting Internet Solutions http://www.avahosting.biz